Edie of Will My Dog Hate Me? and Amy of GoPetFriendly.com gave pet bloggers the fun opportunity “The Pet Blogger Challenge” to write same theme post. I decided to participate in it. (Barely met the deadline!)
1. When did you begin your blog?
My website and blog launched on October 10th, 2010
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?
- To familiarize the reward-based motivational (science-based positive reinforcement method) training to the public
- To enriching the life of blind dog and their guardian
- To decrease abandonments and increase adoptions of blind dog
3. Is your current purpose the same?
– If so, how do you feel you’ve met your goals?
I haven’t met. But My blog is accessed around the world despite my English isn’t good. I feel that our posts might be any good for somebody and some dog. Information about blind dog training is very very few. We (I and my blind dachshund Nono) passed tests including formal dumbbell retrieve, unleash heelwork, to go into a crate 5 meter distant and so on, and have achieved my dog’s safe and comfortable life through a trial and error process. I think our experiences and challenges can be helpful for other blind dogs and their guardian to build more beautiful relationship and to enjoy life. To keep on posting is important to meet my goal.
4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you?
I try to post once a week. But I have trouble posting on desirable schedule because I’m not good at using English and need time to translate my opinion and information into English and make videos ;( To write English posts is hard for me but it’s also fun! Reader’s feedback motivate me! I appreciate people who click the facebook like button, share my posts and give some comments on post and video 🙂
5. Are you generating income from your blog?
No. I hope I will get to know companies that make production and distribution for blind dog or publish a book about blind dog training rather than sponsors.
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)?
I can get new information in other countries, and meet wonderful dog lovers (guardian, trainer, vet and so on) around the world. Those and they teach many things and inspire me!
7. What do you like least?
I’m always worried about my English.
8. How do you see your blog changing or growing in 2011?
I want to keep on posting, increase useful information, change the blog design and improve my English!!!
Thank you Edie and Amy for the fun and great opportunity!